Home Section D - Opinion Ask Sue

Ask Sue

34
0

Staff Writer

I’ve been really stressed out and have been having problems with anxiety. Sometimes I even have panic attacks and feel afraid. I don’t feel like my friends really understand, but I know I should talk to someone about it. What should I do?

Help,

Stressed and Confused

Dear Stressed and Confused,

It is perfectly okay to feel stressed at a time like this. College is a very stressful stage in people’s lives. The first thing you should consider is how much sleep you are getting. Are you getting at least eight hours a night? After sleep, the two most important things are a balanced diet and regular exercise. Eating right will keep you healthy and happy. Exercise will also help your mood because of the endorphins it releases in your brain. Try to improve these three areas of your life and it may help your stress levels.

If you are still having anxiety problems, then you may want to make an appointment at the counseling center. The counseling center is located in the Chaplain’s Office. This is the building around Chalmers and Crawford Halls, across from the Business Office. To make an appointment, you can either walk in, or call 540-375-2302. There are no fees or costs and everything is completely confidential! Their hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. They are willing to work around your busy schedule and are very helpful. Good luck, and relax! Always try to make time for yourself.

Sue Z. Maroon     end_of_the_skype_highlighting