This spring, student evaluations of academic advising experiences will be added to the course evaluation system.Â All students will have the opportunity to evaluate each of their spring term courses, and each of their academic advisors.Â Previously, only freshmen and seniors had the opportunity to evaluate their advisors.
Beginning April 9th, students will be able to complete both course evaluations and advising evaluations online.Â Check your e-mail for a link to the system, or use the link on the MyRoanoke home page (top right).Â The advising evaluations are done on a separate survey system, but the normal course evaluation list will have links to each available advising survey.Â Some students have only one advisor â€“ other students have several advisors.
Course evaluations are important feedback for the college.Â The results of the nine rating questions on course evaluations are reviewed by the faculty member, the department chairperson, and the Dean of the College.Â Student comments are very helpful to faculty as they consider changing their courses for future terms.Â Those comments are seen only by the course instructor.
Advising evaluations are also important.Â Advisors review student ratings and comments, and survey results are included in the tenure and promotion faculty reviews as well.
For both course evaluations and advising evaluations, a high rate of student participation is needed.Â We want the feedback that faculty receive to reflect the views of all students in their courses, and all of their advisees.Â Please do your part!
- Roanoke College Welcomes Students with a Splash
- Pack the House Tailgate
- Cregger Center in Progress!
- Fintel Library Remodeling
- New Staff Members at Roanoke College
- New Additions to Campus Recreation
- Catholic Campus Ministries Pursues ‘Life to the Fullest’
- Elderberry’s is Now Fruitions
- 49 Ways to Use a Newspaper
- The Giver Review
- Dear Sue: “Sophomore Slump”
- RC Interfaith Council Hosts Better Together Day
- Student Spotlight: Darlene Harris Puts on Spring Awakening
- Roanoke Jazz and Wind Ensemble Concert
- Experiential Learning Showcase by Emily Geno