Home Section D - Opinion Dear Sue: “Sophomore Slump”

Dear Sue: “Sophomore Slump”

64
0

I am a returning student to Roanoke, actually a sophomore, and I wasn’t really involved on campus much last year. I didn’t join any clubs really and I just hung out with my roommate and their friends a lot. How can I get involved on campus this year? What are some of the best clubs to join?

Sophomore Slump

Dear Slump,

I am in the exact same position that you are, so I can understand. A great way to get involved on campus is to just come out of your room every now and then! There’s always something going on here at Noke. Also, if you look around campus, you will see posters for different events that are going on and those are always fun to attend. But, if you want to truly get the most out of Roanoke outside of the classroom, I suggest you go to the Activities Fair. It will be held on the back quad today, Friday, August 29th from 4 p.m to 7 p.m. At the Activities Fair, there will be representation from virtually every organization on campus, so you are sure to find something that interests you, and maybe you and your friends can find a club together that you would like! Good luck in the coming year!

Sue