Home Section D - Opinion Dear Sue

Dear Sue

134
2

I don’t really have such a complicated question. There’s this guy I see around all the time and I obviously think he is really attractive, so how do I get him to notice me? I am a returning student this year. Do I just wait for him, or is there some cheesy pick up line I can use that’s guaranteed to grab his attention?

Me

Dear You (penned Me),

I think it’s great that you have found a guy that you find attractive.  However, your problem of not knowing how to approach him is a common one among young people, especially during this age of technology. What’s better than just being able to shoot a text to someone and ask if they “Want to hang?” It’s simple because we have labeled the answers of “sure” to mean they are interested, and the answer of “not now” to mean they’re not. But how do you get the number in the first place if this is a guy you just see in passing? Maybe using a pick up line isn’t the best of ideas. You said it yourself, it is cheesy, and that’s one thing you do not want to be.  Also, it might be a little creepy if he actually doesn’t know you. But he could just be waiting for you to approach him. Most men do the same thing as women when it comes to questioning “Does she or doesn’t she?” So what’s wrong with the good old fashioned way of just walking up to someone and introducing yourself? Put a smile on your face, your big girl pants on, and walk up to him. Say, “Hi! I’m Sue Z. Maroon (please say your name instead or it could get a little awkward); I’ve seen you around lately and thought I’d introduce myself!” See where that gets you. And if you just can’t do that, and this is a tad cheesy but not a complete pick up line, just use the old “Hey, don’t we have the same [insert class here] together?” There is no guarantee this guy will respond to your advances, but if you just introduce yourself and be inviting, what’s the worst that can happen?

Good luck with your endeavors,

2 COMMENTS

1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video
    to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative
    to read?

2. Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous
    to and you are just extremely magnificent. I actually
    like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.

You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually
    a tremendous site.