Home Section D - Opinion Dear Sue: “Finals Frank”

Dear Sue: “Finals Frank”

130
0

I have fourteen finals…well, that’s what it feels like. I just can’t seem to focus on studying for these exams as I finish up all my final papers. Not to mention my roommate only has one exam during finals week, and I can’t stand listening him brag about it. I just want to be finished with school, and I don’t think I can even pass finals.

Please help/send answer keys,

Finals Frank

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

Dear Finals Franks,

I wish that I could send you an answer key for all your finals. Unfortunately, that would be an Academic Integrity violation, and that is not where you should turn. My best advice is to just hunker down and study. I know this advice is not what you want to hear, but it’s what you have to do.

If you are worried about not being proficient in any subject, the RC subject torturing has limited hours, but you can still make appointments. As for your papers, try to just write as much as you can. Don’t worry about structure, spelling, or grammar when you start out, and just write it as a stream of consciousness. This should help you get large chunks written out of your paper and then you just have to go back and edit. Also, don’t remember to de-stress. Working for an hour at a time and taking 30 minute breaks in-between is a great way to get a lot done and be chill about.

In addition, the Study-a-Thon on Saturday is a great change of environment, and plus, you get snacks! As for your roommate, you have two options: 1. Ask them to please stop talking about finals, or 2. Just distance yourself from your roommate until next semester.

I know school is a stressful thing, and finals add extra stress to that. The best thing to do is try not to worry too much, study as best as you can, and get yourself to a good environment.

Best of luck with life and your finals!