Home Section D - Opinion Dear Sue: “Triceratops Tracy”

Dear Sue: “Triceratops Tracy”

17
0

My neighbors sound like carnivorous dinosaurs when they have sex in the middle of the afternoon and at 3am in the morning. And by this I don’t mean they’re having sex with each other but I’m pretty sure they alternate during the day, i.e. one has sex in the afternoon and the other in the evening. But really, they have sex all the time and wake up at least the four rooms closest to them. We have asked many times for them to turn down the music and not to be loud, but how do I ask them to stop romping like dinosaurs?

Triceratops Tracy

Photo Courtesy of Google Images
Photo Courtesy of Google Images

Dear Tracy,

Okay? This took a strange turn, but the problem is not a new one to college students living in a dorm. The simplest answer I can give you is to try once again and knock on their door and ask them to keep it down. Do it casually, not when they are having sex, but any other time would be fine. Now, I understand if you don’t want to do that, so here are some other options. In the middle of the night when the dinosaurs come out to play [ 😉 ] you should walk to their wall right beside their door, and bang on the wall as hard as possible and start making dinosaur noises back to them. This may be effective in passive aggressively displaying your frustration and will probably embarrass them enough to quiet down.  If this isn’t up you’re alley, maybe you could just tell your RA. Ask them to take up the issue instead of you having to do it. It’s their job.  Finally, perhaps you should really embarrass them and call the RA on duty and demand they get written up for break quiet hours (during the early morning/midnight sessions of course). As for the afternoon sessions, sorry; not much to do except for my first two options.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your dinosaur problems. Maybe one day it will go extinct.

Rawrrrr,

Previous articleObama Address
Next articleMovie Review: Concussion