Panhellenic Recruitment

screen-shot-2016-12-03-at-11-30-30-am

Article Written By Alexa Halages

Photo Courtesy of Alexa Halages

Every year, the three sororities on Roanoke College campus go through formal recruitment. These three organizations that are nationally recognized by the Panhellenic Council are Alpha Sigma Alpha, Chi Omega and Delta Gamma.

To introduce individuals to their sisters, they have events for all who are interested in going through recruitment. This event, known as Open Chesapeake, is coming up on November 28, at 6 pm.  It is suggested that potential new members (PNMs) wear a cute business casual to Open Chesapeake. For example, a pair of jeans, a cute top and booties, or a nice dress and a scarf would be good outfits to wear.

Every non-affiliated girl received an email from Greg Hanlon on October 28th with the link to the registration form. If anyone is interested in going through sorority recruitment, they are able to sign up through the link until December 20th.  There is a fee of $25 to participate in formal recruitment. This cost includes a recruitment t-shirt and meal tickets. Formal recruitment is currently scheduled for January 11-14. The women who are going to be participating in the recruitment process will have to return to campus no later than 3pm on January 11. For women who may live far away, they will be able to return to campus on January 10.

“The best part about going through recruitment was actually finding people that will be a part of my life from this point on,” Mary Cywinski, the President of the Panhellenic Council said. “I found a group of girls that bring me up when I’m down, who always know how to make me laugh, and push me to be the best I can be.”

Any questions should be directed towards Maria Petrella (mepetrella@mail.roanoke.edu), Vice President of Panhellenic Recruitment or Greg Hanlon (hanlon@roanoke.edu), Director of Greek Life.