Home Section D - Opinion Sue Says

Sue Says

49
0

Staff Writer

Sue Says!

As you know, Valentine’s Day is coming up and I have no idea what to get my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for three months, so it isn’t that serious yet. I don’t want to be too mushy, but I want him to feel special on Monday. I also don’t want to spend my entire life savings on him. My budget is kind of small. What can I get him that will show him that I care, but not empty my bank account?

Clueless Cupid

Dear Clueless Cupid,

It is important that you make your boyfriend feel special on Valentine’s Day and it is good that you don’t plan on going all out. Since your relationship is still new, it’s best to be modest with your gift. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t be creative! The easiest gift to make is a Love Coupon Book. Fill it with coupons for free back rubs, free dinner at a restaurant of his choice, a day of his favorite activities, etc. Write anything that comes to mind. Be sure to decorate it. You could also decorate a picture frame and put a picture of the two of you in it.

If you aren’t the artsy type, you could try some other fun ideas. You could cook him dinner and watch a movie together to put a spin on the regular dinner-and-a-movie date. You could also make a scavenger hunt for him and hide his favorite candy at various destinations. Of course the grand prize will be yourself plus kissing time! There are plenty of cute things you can do for you beau on your small, college budget. They can be time consuming, but worth it! If all else fails, you can’t go wrong with an iTunes gift card and some chocolate. Boys love music, and they love to eat! Always remember though, the best way to spend Valentine’s Day is spending it together.