Gifts for the Class of 2013

Want to increase the value of your Roanoke degree?

Roanoke is ranked as one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education, according to The Princeton Review. One of the factors for receiving these rankings is alumni participation and the number of alumni gifts.  As Roanoke’s alumni participation increases, the reputation of the College increases, and so does the value of our degrees.

My Senior Class Gift was also important to me because it will benefit a deserving senior with a scholarship, and the Roanoke Fund.  What is the Roanoke Fund?  Did you participate in a student activity during the last 3 ½ years?  Receive financial aid or a scholarship?  Well, the Roanoke Fund -which includes annual gifts from alumni, friends, faculty/staff, and parents – was what made those services and opportunities available to you.

I also made my gift because I knew it would be tripled, thanks to a challenge grant from senior parents!  Here’s how it works, if you give $5, your gift will increase to $15!  Your gift – if received by April 17- enables you to write a special tribute in the Commencement program.  (I made my tribute to my parents.)

Join me and other seniors by making your gift – of any size – today.  You can make your gift online at www.roanoke.edu/givetoroanoke (by credit card or maroon card), or send a check via campus mail to Resource Development.

Your gift, when combined with mine and other seniors, will make a huge difference for Roanoke, will keep the College at the top of national rankings, and will increase the value of our degrees.

Kelli-Leigh Bush ’13