Written by Emma Grosskopf
This Saturday, if you find yourself in the Colket Center at 8 p.m. for the 12th Annual President’s Ball, use this handy-dandy checklist to make sure you are “letting the good times roll” correctly!
- Make it through the whole night without taking off your heels and storing them in a corner somewhere.
- Have an awkward encounter with a professor and their significant other and avoid the topic of the research paper that you STILL haven’t done yet.
- Take a picture with President Maxey. Even though he will without a doubt *SPOILER ALERT* look better than you. He’s a photogenic dude. No one can compare.
- 21+ ONLY: Get a beer at the cash bar if you got it like that. If you’re broke, you’re broke. We can’t help you there.
- Invent a way to reduce the amount of inevitable sweating you will do throughout the night. And then let us know. Over here at the BA we are a sweaty demographic.
- Try as hard as possible NOT to get kicked out. Don’t embarrass your friends, don’t embarrass yourself and keep in mind that the BA is always watching. We’re like the FBI that way.
- Take about a million goofy pictures with your friends and PRAY that at least one of them is Insta-worthy. Suck it in, stand up straight and if all else fails? Slap a filter on that sucker.
- Take full advantage of the appetizers and desserts offered. Whatever they offer. Seriously. Pack it in, people, you’re only young once.
- SENIORS: Don’t cry. Don’t think about how it’s your last President’s Ball with all of your RC friends, and that you will never have this opportunity again. We mean it. Don’t think about how bittersweet it’ll be. Don’t.
- Let the good times roll. Even if you don’t know what that means (and who really does?) just let ‘em roll.