Written by Jordan Hanson
The year has only just begun and already there are rumors of upcoming album releases circulating. 2018 was a great year of music and this year is looking follow suit.
Though there are few definitive dates of release yet, many artists have either confirmed or hinted at being in the studio, preparing music for the coming year. We’ll see the return of pop queens Lana Del Rey and Carly Rae Jepsen, as well as more Ariana Grande. Backstreet’s back in 2019 as well with an album following the release of their latest single “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”
Needless to say, there will be new music across a plethora of genres, from Florida Georgia Line’s twang-infused country to Hozier’s indie rock. Here’s a list, in no particular order, of some artists/groups that are anticipated to release albums in 2019.
- Backstreet Boys – DNA (Jan. 25)
- Ariana Grande – thank u, next (Feb. 8)
- Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water (Feb. 15)
- Florida Georgia Line – Can’t Say I Ain’t Country (Feb. 15)
- Carly Rae Jepsen – TBA
- Lana Del Rey – Norman F*cking Rockwell
- Dua Lipa – TBA
- Hozier – Wasteland, Baby!
- Solange – TBA
- The Weeknd – Chapter 6